Circle of Life is ALWAYS accepting new caregiver applications. See our caregiver job description below and click here to submit your application online.
Reports to: Caregiver Coordinator
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Caregivers provide personal care and household assistance to clients in their own homes. The Caregiver works under the supervision of the Caregiver Coordinator or designee and is assigned specific tasks through the home care plan of care.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the home care plan of care developed by the agency.
- Assists clients with personal care, which may include bathing, shampooing, shaving, toileting, dressing, transfers, ambulation and positioning.
- Performs household services essential to the client’s safety and care including; laundry, meal preparation, housekeeping, transportation and shopping.
- Performs only the tasks defined in the home care plan of care for the client and observes, documents and reports any changes in the client’s condition. May assist with medications as indicated in the home care plan of care.
- Reports to the Caregiver Coordinator or designee any changes in the client’s mental or physical condition as well as changes in the client’s need for care.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Meets the requirements for submission of time cards and documentation of assignments.
- Respects the rights of clients, families, or client representatives to have different beliefs, opinions, cultures and customs.
- Attends orientation and in-service training as required by the agency.
- Maintains a professional attitude in the client’s residence.
- Participates in employee meetings and client care meetings.
- Fulfills other tasks as assigned by the Caregiver Coordinator or designee.
Qualifications and Job Knowledge/Skills include:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and ability to read, write and understand and follow directions provided for client care.
- Ability to safely transfer clients from bed, chair, commode and shower.
- Ability to assist clients with ambulation within the home or outside of the home.
- Ability to pass a Washington State Patrol criminal background check, BCCU background check and fingerprint check and other pre-employment checks.
- A minimum of one (1) year of verifiable work experience.
- Ability and willingness to provide care for people from various backgrounds without regard to age, race, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
- Displays honesty and professionalism with high ethical standards.
- Possesses maturity, flexibility, good judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- Has a proven history of being organized and managing time effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish positive and productive relationships with office staff, clients, client representative and other providers/professionals.
- Successful completion of orientation to agency policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of initial and continuing state training and certification requirements.
It is the policy of Circle of Life Caregiver Cooperative to base hiring and job performance decisions solely on an individual’s ability to perform essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this or any position provided they can perform those job functions with reasonable accommodation.